Friday, April 15, 2011

Montagnard Hope Project

So, for this post I wanted to give a look into the my thought process for my Montagnard Project.  This will feel more like random thought but that's kind of how this project inspiration came about.  Everything started with a video I saw from one of a T.E.D. conference speaker which is all about "ideas worth spreading".


http://blog.ted.com/2010/10/20/meet-jr/

This idea really intrigued me because it really worked to integrate cultures but it was also very human because of the moments JR was capturing.  Below is the basic layout of my project and I'll add a mind map that I did to try and bring even more clarity to this project:

o   What I’m most interested in the Montagnard people:

§  What intrigues me most is the possible impact of their culture upon American culture not American culture upon theirs.  I would like to in some form bring their culture to the surrounding triad region’s attention, showcasing the Montagnards positive impact upon American culture but also convey the true humanity of who they are to convey the importance of other cultures beyond our own.

§  Another part that intrigues me is all the organizations that have worked to help the Montagnards integrate into American Culture.  I would really like to highlight their inspiration in being so involved with the Montagnard people.  So, I hope to do the same with this Montagnard Project.



·      Materials needed and what I want to learn:

o   Depending on which approach I decide to do I could possibly need materials to paste full res pictures on UNCSA campus or just a video camera and editing software, which I have.

o   What I plan to learn is more what I plan to capture.  My hope is to capture the heart of The Montagnard people and those who work to help them and portray this in a intriguing/hopeful fashion.

·      Who would you like to work with within the Montagnard community: 

o   I would like to be able to hear thoughts from Digi Bob’s friend Andrew, one of the women that we skyped, and teenagers. 
·                  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment