Monday, March 28, 2011

Hello!

  Hello, I could begin a long paragraph to give a brief look of who I am or where I came from, but hopefully I can create something a little more interesting through pictures and then I'll explain further about myself.

  This is me above from maybe 6 months ago and I'm actually wearing that exact shirt today as I post this first blog, hilarious.
  This is my wife, Mandy and my son, Ben.  My son is 2 1/2 years old and he is a pretty hilarious little boy, my wife is quite artistic and at this time she stays at home during the week to take care of our son.

  The picture above is the place where I work during the week, which is a church called Winston Salem First and as you can guess I work in the Media Department.  In this picture is the woman who does our Video Announcements every week and this is a small snapshot of the work that I do everyday.

  This picture above is from the school that I attend, University of North Carolina School of The Arts and some of the students that I learn with everyday.  I study film there and have really enjoyed the experience so far, but I'm still in my first year of school.  My school days usually consist of watching movies, working on films sets, and studying the general parts in film.  This part of my life is very new and has become very important to me, because it really has shown me how much I want to do film as a job.  My hope is that with completing school that I can get a job in the film business.

  As you can tell from the last two pictures I showed you that media plays a pretty big part in my life as well, not only from it being my job but also at this point being my education.  However, I am interested in other activities as well beyond media.  I enjoy playing guitar, writing, and reading books as well.  I also would like to get involved in other activities that I've never done before. Since my life is involved so much with digital media, I like to be apart of activities that are more hands on.  My wife recently grew some tomatoes in our backyard and I've really enjoyed helping her in the process (potting plants, creating fencing to hold it up, and observing).  So, for me I'm always open to trying new things and I really like to experience things that are more hands on because here in United States life has become so digital and I think that people lose some really important experiences that they could have if they did some more hands on non-digital activities.  I also do like to draw, read, and paint with my son as other hands on activities.  It's funny I never thought that my son would create another opportunity to do some activities that aren't centered around technology but time with him has really forced me to find other things to do with him.  Since I'm talking about my son, I will tell you that family is the most important thing to me in my life.  I honestly can say that I live my life with the thought that my family is more important than anything else in my life.

  I also love other cultures and hope to travel one day.  I believe that when we encounter other cultures that it really makes us a deeper person and this is a part of my life that I can't do now but I hope to do some day.   I traveled with my family as a teenager before to other countries, such as The British Virgin Islands, which was awesome.  We traveled by boat to all the different islands and I really enjoyed the distinct cultures at different islands.  I was actually able to be apart of a pig roast on one island and I also was able to be apart of a guitar jam in another.  I enjoyed those experiences alot and I hope that I can soon create some moments like that with my family in other cultures.

    Well, before I wrap everything up I wanted to give you a visual representation of where my ancestors are from and an interesting montage of pictures that make up the first photo I showed you at the beginning of this blog.




Aaron



 

No comments:

Post a Comment